Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics, Inc.
"A company is only as good as the people it keeps."
"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn’t know it so it goes on flying anyway."
"A good goal is like a strenuous exercise – it makes you stretch."
"A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one."
"Central banks don’t have divine wisdom. They try to do the best analysis they can and must be prepared to stand or fall by the quality of that analysis."
"Criticize the act, not the person."
"Dare to risk public criticism."
- Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think then can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
- Enthusiasm is contagious. You can start an epidemic.
- Everyone has an invisible sign hanging from their neck saying, ‘Make me feel important.’ Never forget this message when working with people.
- Everyone wants to be appreciated, so if you appreciate someone, don’t keep it a secret.
- Every silver lining has a cloud.
- For every failure, there’s an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.
- Give yourself something to work toward – constantly.
- God didn’t have time to make a nobody, only a somebody. I believe that each of us has God-given talents within us waiting to be brought to fruition.
- Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist.
- If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t your right.
- It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure.
- Most people live and die with their music still unplayed. They never dare to try.
- No matter how busy you are, you must take time to make the other person feel important.
- People are definitely a company’s greatest asset. It doesn’t make any difference whether the product is cars or cosmetics. A company is only as good as the people it keeps.
- People fall forward to success.
- Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, “Make me feel important.” Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
- Sandwich every bit of criticism between two layers of praise.
- So many women just don’t know how great they really are. They come to us all vogue outside and vague on the inside.
- The greatest pollution problem we face today is negativity.\
- There are four kinds of people in this world:
- Those who make things happen
- Those who watch things happen
- Those who wonder what happened
- Those who don’t know that anything happended!
I knew from a very early age that I wanted to be first on that list.
- There are two things people want more than sex and money… recognition and praise.
- There is a way; Up, Around, Over or Through.
- The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang.
- Those who are blessed with the most talent don’t necessarily outperform everyone else. It’s the people with follow-through who excel.
- We must have a theme, a goal, a purpose in our lives. If you don’t know where you’re aiming, you don’t have a goal. My goal is to live my life in such a way that when I die, someone can say, she cared.
- We treat out people like royalty. If you honor and serve the people who work for you, they will honor and serve you.
- While clothes may not make the woman, they certainly have a strong effect on her self-confidence, which, I believe, does make the woman.
- You can have anything in this world you want, if you want it badly enough and you’re willing to pay the price.